Sparrows and a Great tit

Puh, the summer heat has arrived!! It is starting to feel like a sauna outside with the humidity climbing rapidly! Oh well, I only have two weeks left before I will be enjoying northern european summer weather instead!!

I had a great weekend with some dear friends staying with us. Life is good, and fun… Today is back to business though, so I thought I would start of my week with sharing with you the latest finished paintings! Both should be familiar to you from my last post, and now they are done.

The three musketeers. 30x20cm Oil, acrylic and collage on canvas. Eurasian tree sparrows. Maybe I should rename this one to 'angry birds'… But then again; Athos, Porthos and Aramis did have attitudes, so the three musketeers it is. The grumpy one in the middle is Athos, by the way… ;-)

Song of the willow. Oil, acrylic and collage on wood panel, 22x15cm. Great tit. I love the pose of this little Great tit, I will probably paint him again.

I need to get much better photos of my paintings, but I need a sunny day for that. I will probably wait until I am in Finland though to get better light. I have noticed that the natural light here i China is much yellower than home for some reason. But now back to painting. I'm working on getting one of the owls finished today. Finally I should say. They have been waiting for their turn for a long time by now!

Comments

Popular Posts