Gems from Seoul

Helou everyone!

Yesterday I came back from my second visit to Seoul. I even visited it with my same good friend Rain Slingerland as last time, the only difference that this time her husband Blair joined us. We went early Thursday morning (a 2 hour flight from Shanghai), and came back Sunday evening.

We had a blast! It was such a fun trip. We had one big mission to do, and that was to find and buy my husband a 12 stringed Ovation guitar, and 12 stringed Crafter for another friend. Other than that we played tourists for all we were worth. We stayed at Kyo's House, a very affordable hostel (around €22/night) just 5 min walk from the central train station.

We visited one of the night markets, the old market, took a bus tour around the city, and…. ;) We wanted to finish our trip with a visit to the old royal palace, but unfortunately it was closed for the day when we were there.

The food was as great as last time, and we all agreed that 3 day's in Seoul is not enough!

I wrote last year a post about Seoul (you can read about my previous trip here: The beautiful city Seoul)  so this time I didn't even take that many pictures.  I did however capture a few things with my IPhone, and thats why this post became 'gems from Seoul':

My room at Kyo's House. Small, but everything you need. 

The music mall.

Mission accomplished, 2 guitars purchased.

Blair Slingerland testing out one of the guitars outside the hostel, and we are cheering.

Delicious Korean bbq.

Something new: Kimchi flavored weggies with snails and noodles.

An artist in his small shop by the street.

I love to discover things like this!

How brilliant is this? A street bar. This would never be possible home in Finland. Cheers with Rain and Blair Slingerland.

Tired feet? Soak them for awhile!

You never know where you will stumble upon something from home...

Moomin is apparently very popular both in Korea and Japan!

Seoul.

Comments

Popular Posts