Today I have a few updates to share with you and first up is a Robin:
I showed you the progress photos of this painting in my previous post, and now the bird has appeared! I started to paint the Robin with acrylics, and I had planned to finish it with acrylics. But then I changed my mind and I changed to oil as I usually do. Now the first layer of oil is dry, so one more layer to go before I call it finished! I do need to practice more with painting birds in acrylic. They dry so much faster and I would that way be able to finish a bird in one go. But it is also the fast drying time of acrylics that gives me trouble. So I am a little of two minds about the whole thing at the moment.
My desk today. I am filming the next project for my Youtube channel.
It is a small 20x20cm canvas. I am writing this while waiting for the collage background to dry so that I can continue with some colours and then a bird.. I'm thinking a sparrow or a Long-tailed tit.
Last up today are the two latest videos that I haven't linked to here yet. They are both pages from my big art journal, the Barn owl and the Robin: