Studio update.

I was wondering about titles for this blogpost. I thought for awhile, but all I could come up with was 'Studio update'. It is very accurate, but it also becomes a little bit boring after using it so many times. Then again, that is what most of my posts are about...  'Art journal page and finished painting' sounds more like a description than a title. Oh well, words and writing has never been my strongest side, but I guess that's why I usually try and tell my stories with pictures instead. 

Looking around my studio I can only conclude that I am in a blue period. Bluer than before, that is. All my backgrounds that I have started have a blue base of some kind. I do add different earth colours to most of them after the first two or three layers, but most of them are simply blue. It will give them a common theme if nothing else... 

A new page in my art journal. I did film this process, so I have a video of it for you:


A flying egret almost finished. One more layer of oil to the bird should do it. And legs. For some reason I always leave the legs for last...

I went shopping the other day, and one of the things I needed was new canvases. I have already given them all two coats of gesso.

I also found these water buckets with brush holders on my shopping spree. Aren't the colours just lovely?

As I have already posted on my Facebook page and Instagram, finding inspiration in my art journal for a new painting.

And last out I have a new painting for you: Blue rain. (Thank you cousin Linda for suggesting the title for it!) The only thing I still need to do is to sign it! Acrylic and oil on canvas, 35x45 cm.

I hope next week to have new finished painting to share with you! Until then!

Comments

  1. Your paintings are wonderful and so beautiful. "Blue Rain" is such an appropriate title for your lovely painting. I always enjoy reading and looking at your blogpost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzi so much for stopping by! I like the title 'Blue Rain' as well. I was at a loss for a title for the swan painting, but then my cousin (who is also a gifted artist) gave me a couple of suggestions and I fell for this one right away!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts