Almost done and done!

So. I am a little behind in my painting schedule. It's not a huge deal, it just mean that I won't have as many paintings as I had planned for my exhibition. I will still have about 20 paintings, and it should be a good amount of the walls of the gallery. 

The spring is over, and summer is here. They have promised 28 degrees for the weekend... 

My desk with many 'almost done' paintings on the walls. 

Barn owl with some gold leaf. I have been spending too much time on this one instead of finish my other paintings, but I can't seem to help myself. I want to finish this one too... A few more details and it should be done!

Magnolia. Mixed media on canvas, 25x25cm. This one is done and done! ☺️

Another magnolia that is done. Same size. Acrylic and oil on canvas.

Landing egret. This one is one of the 'almost done'. Just a few details that need attending and then I can sign it. Love the colours in this one. 

This one I do not know if I will have time to finish, but I will try. Common kingfisher. Very similar to what I have painted before. The gallery owner where I will have my exhibition liked my previous kingfisher painting so much that she bought it for herself. If it was appealing to her, I hope it would be appealing to other potential buyers as well...

Another kingfisher. This should be only one layer from being complete. They really are just like jewels, aren't they? 

A peacock in my artjournal. I was trying out a composition in my journal for one of my planned paintings.

These are 2 backgrounds that I want to paint peacocks on. They became a little more to even in colour from my original idea, but I had so much fun layering that I had a hard time stopping in time. I still think that they will work though. 50x50cm.

A closeup. Here you can see the raised design I put on it. Modelling paste through a stencil.

Next week I hope to have a few more finished painting to share with you!

Comments

Popular Posts