Thunderstorm and a Bluethroat.

For the first time in 2 weeks we actually had a little bit of sun this morning. It was still foggy, or 'smoggy' (since most of it was pollution), but without the rain clouds it was so much lighter! That has changed though. I am writing this just before going to bed, and now I have a glorious display of thunder, rain and lightning outside. I love thunderstorms!

A week has gone by again. I know I have said this many times before, but the time is just flying away so fast that I can not keep up. It feels like a week consists only of three days nowadays. And in 30 days time I will be flying home to Finland for our yearly visit. 30 days. I still have a lot of paintings I would like to finish before that. I'm trying to think of what I have been doing the whole winter and spring that has preventing me from being ready already. I do not know. Between moving apartment, travelling to Thailand and New Orleans and having guests staying with us, there still should have been plenty of hours spent painting. Maybe I have just been lazy! =D

Anyhow, on to this weeks studio update:

Bluethroat. A White-spotted bluethroat to be precise. I read that they have cousins with a red spot under their beaks instead of the white that this one has. This is a bird that I can not remember if I have ever seen in real life. I love their colours though! This Bluethroat is painted from Angeline Rijkeboer's photo, from the website 'Paint my photo'. It is a great website to find reference photos that photographers share for artists to use to make traditional artwork from! I filmed the process of this one and I will put the link to it at the end of this post.

This canvas was suppose to become a Heron. Then I found this Egret by Aschi on the website Paint-my-photo and I just knew that I had to paint it. And on this background! I am already in love with it, I just hope I will succeed in finishing it without overworking it. So far I have only painted with acrylics. Canvas size is 50x50 cm.

One of the waxwings has got the first layer of oil colour. I do not like the branches as they are now, so I will have to change them.

This woodpecker I do not think that I have showed anywhere yet. I am debating if the background is a little bit too light. I think I will have to add a little bit of blue so that the white of the woodpecker will show up a little better.

And last as promised, this weeks video:



Comments

Popular Posts