I love blue.


The main theme of this years paintings seems to be blue and brown. When it comes to paint I just love to use a lot of blues and browns!

The first of the two Kingfishers are done. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 28x22 cm. Reference photo with kind permission from Peter Skillen from the FB group 'photos for artists'. I really like how the colours  stand out against the black in the background.

Wren. Acrylic, oil and collage on a 18x13cm canvas board. Photo reference with kind permission again from Peter Skillen.

This is the first canvas of two that I are planning with flying swans. 

This is the second.

This is a 50x50cm canvas that will become a Heron, as you can see. The first blocking in of acrylic is done. I will probably add one more layer of acrylic before starting with oils.

This weeks video is of the wren: 


I wish you all a beautiful week!


Comments

Popular Posts