50 shades of blue...

In a little bit more than 2 weeks we will be flying home to Finland. My husband can only stay for a shorter time as he then has to return to work, but I will stay for two whole months! It has been a year since I was home last, so I am really looking forward to it! Meet up with family and friends, breathe clean air, go out on the sea, and eat all the things I have missed.

My palette is getting messy. When I travel home I will paint it white so that I can start to mess it up again when I come back to my Shanghai studio.

Small brushes have been a lot in use the last few weeks.

The second kingfisher is done: Jewel 2. Acrylic and oil on canvas board, 28x22cm. Bird reference with kind permission from Peter Skillen from the Facebook group 'photos for artists'. I really enjoyed painting this one, and so far it is my husband's favourite.

Swan. I have no name for this one yet. Acrylic and oil on a 20x30cm canvas. The fluid acrylics I used for the background was a joy to work with.

A little bit more progress done on the Egret. I am trying a new technique here, to paint the bird almost totally by dry brushing. I like it so far.

I also have made some progress on the flying swans, one more layer of oil on the birds and they should be done.

Something different. I was trying out some sketch material to take with me home. This is where I am going... Beautiful, isn't it?!? I am planning to try and keep up with my blogging and Youtube videos once a week, so I need some materials with me for creating.

Last out today is this weeks video. It is a progress video of the small flying swan painting I showed you above:



Comments

Popular Posts