The heron and the swan.

Greetings from a sunny Kuala Lumpur. Not only sunny, but today we actually have blue sky! And according to the locals, that is the first blue sky in over 2 months now, due the haze from the burning in Indonesia and Borneo. It has been a grab few days, and luckily we still have 3 more days to go. But I will write all about KL in my next post completed with pictures!!

Today I thought I would share with you the two commissioned paintings I finished just before leaving for KL. They are approved by the new owner, though she has not got them yet. I was suppose to deliver them to her myself while visiting her in Kerinci, but due to the f*#@$$∞-ing haze there (excuse my language) our flight was cancelled. So, they have to stay with me for a little while longer! I am really pleased with both of them though, so I do not really mind having them on my wall for a little while before they go to their new home.

Great blue heron. Acrylic, oil and collage on canvas, 30x30cm. Photo reference with kind permission from Sooper-deviant.deviantart.com. The background is a little bit special in the way that I chose paper that have in some way or another links to Rain, the new owner. We travelled together a few times, so I chose material I gathered on those trips together. Paper and book pages from books I bought from our 2 trips to Seoul and Xian, and a map in one corner over Rizhao in China where we both lived for awhile. It is great to be able to give her not only the bird she asked for, both also to fill it up with great memories from our time together!!

Muted swan. Acrylic, oil and collage on canvas, 30x30cm. Photo reference my own. I love to paint swans, they belong to my summers! 

When I return to Shanghai I will start on my next commission. Or continue I should say, as I have already painted the background 3 times but didn't like either of them. So now I will start fresh and then finally be able to send it to it's commissioner in USA.

Comments

Popular Posts