Studio update!

Here we are, one week on again. I know I have said it like a 100 times before, but time really is slipping through my fingers with an alarming speed. I don't mind really, it just amazes me. And to think that we are now approaching the last week of october, which means that I am traveling to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow!!! My husband has a few meetings there, and I'm so looking forward to visit Malaysia again. I have many good memories from my previous visit, especially the great food and taking my divers license. And while we are on the subject of time, can you believe that it is almost 20 years ago already???? I need to check that I have my camera battery charged, because of course I need to blog about it here later.

In the studio this week I have tried to finished three painting, a heron, a swan and a magpie. As soon as I have posted this I will go and paint the last details on all of them. The heron and the magpie only need some minor fine-tuning, but I need to finish the last wing of the swan. It always amazes me how much time it actually takes to paint these birds, but then again I only have my self to blame as I get lost in all the details… Maybe one day I will teach myself to paint faster and a little looser, but for now I really enjoy painting like this.


The heron and the swan on my desk.

For once my desk is less chaotic than normal.

The magpie and the swan. 

I need to add the legs!

Detail of the swan.

oil colours. 

I love the feel and smell of oil.

My signature. It is my fingerprint with my initials.



Comments

Popular Posts