Tourist in Shanghai

I didn't remember what I wrote about last without checkin. I got a little dishearten about writing about being a tourist in Shanghai as this post was suppose to be about, since I lost all my photos in my camera. When I took the memory card to upload the photos to my computer it said that it was empty… Either the memory card is getting old and unreliable, or I have pushed some wrong buttons… But it has lasted long and through many adventures!! The camera has been several times to the great wall of China, travelled back and forth between Finland and China, travelled to Japan, South-Korea, Hawaii, Micronesia and been taken down about 20 times under the water to more than 20m depth to document our underwater adventures, and so on… So if it time to buy a new memory card or even a new small 'point-and-shoot' camera, it has more than earned to get retired!

On a much happier note: I just spent the last weekend in Rizhao where we celebrated a dear friends birthday for 3 days long! And tomorrow I will be leaving for a few days to Xian and look at the terra-cotta soldiers. Life is good!

So. Being a tourist in Shanghai. I spent two very happy weeks in beginning of March in the company of my parents who visited us here in Shanghai. I got some photos from my mother to replace the ones I lost, so here I will now post photos taken during those two weeks. The weather was mostly nice, but being Shanghai we did get some rain as well. We walked around a lot, visited the Aquarium, ate a lot of great food, took a boat ride on the river and just spend time together!

View from the Bund onto the new skyline of Shanghai. The new Shanghai tower is really huge!!

Shanghai tower up close.

And again together with the 2 older towers.

View over Shanghai from the 'bottle-opener' building as we call it. From the 91 floor. This is on a very 'clear' day with low pollution.

One evening we took a boat ride on the river. Shanghai was quite spectacular from the river when all the lights were on. View to the Pudong side.

The Bund, old Shanghai skyline.

Elevated roads running like a spiders web throughout Shanghai.

Street market.

Tianzifang. A very cozy and nice area with hundreds of small shops and restaurants and bars in an area where they have preserved some of Shanghais old small houses.

Yu Garden. Beautiful buildings and garden, but it has become such a tourist 'hellhole', that I rarely go there.

If you are a car lover, then Shanghai is a great place to live in. Everyday you can see Maserati's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Bentley's, Rolls Royce and so on… These two 'opposites' parked next to each other looked so funny I had to take a picture!

Metro. Avoid at rush hours!

Coming home in the evening.

Street kitchen boiling broth. Every part of the animal is still used here so nothing goes to waste!

We ate a lot of different foods. Beijing duck, spicy bbq from inland country and Shanghai specialities to name just a few. Here in the picture hot pot. You get a beautiful broth/soup to the table, and then you order food that you like and boil it yourself. I love it! Especially if the weather is chilly outside!

Happy Hour in our 'headquarters', our regular bar that I had to take my parents too so that they know what we speak of when I tell them that we went to HQ!! *smiley*

I have loads of photos from the aquarium. Here are three of the ones I like the most. 

If you look closely you can find Nemo and Doris!!

Jellyfish. I also had a lot of photos from the big tank with all the sharks and such, but as the tunnel through there has curved glass, the photos didn't come out great.

Over ground and outside spring has come.



Meanwhile in the studio I still have to finnish the two owls. After my trip to Xian I just have to sit down and get the last layer done on those. I have been painting on some new backgrounds, pictures of that next week!

I wish you all nice and warm spring weather!

Comments

Popular Posts