createmixedmedia.com


Friday already. I know I have said it before, but man does the time fly!! It felt like it was just yesterday that I came back from a weekend in Xi'an (capital city of Shaanxi province). I haven't even downloaded my pictures yet. But we had a hilariously fun weekend there, some friends of mine and me, and I will write the next blogpost about it with lots of pictures!

Today I want to share this link from last week:

http://www.createmixedmedia.com/uncategorized/mixed-media-on-paper

It is an art-journal tutorial I made for the website www.createmixedmedia.com, and it is now online.

This week I have been planning new paintings. I did paint a little on the flying barn-owl I'm still working on. After being away from it I finally saw what has been bothering me with it, and I think I got the problem fixed. Now I only need to paint the final details. It is always the last finishing touches of a painting that take the longest for me. It is like I loose interest in it when it is almost finished, and I want to go on and start new paintings. Anyone else that feels the same?

I have a new 'mini-journal' I started to use for small fast sketches. Just to jot down ideas in a matter of seconds so that I don't forget them...

Some spring blossoms would be nice now when I have just been able to admire them outside.

I think that white color on brown paper looks quite delicious!

After the small sketches I started working on my ideas a little bigger in my 'normal' journal. The seagull is still waiting to be cut out and glued in...

The finished page of the Azure-winged Magpie. Now it is time to start preparing the background on a canvas for this one.

11 newly stretched and gessoed canvases. This makes me so happy! (that sounds a little bit weird, doesn't it? But I know that all my fellow painters will understand! ;) )

And last my studio today. Such a beautiful sunny day with perfect light!

Comments

Popular Posts