Birds in spring


The weather outside is perfect for the moment: not too hot and not too cold. I'm eating my breakfast on the balcony every morning now, and it is just so nice!!

Some things from my studio:

Page from my square art journal. A Gull in muted browns and blues. I have already started in this on canvas, and the background is almost done. Acrylic, watercolour and collage. 

Long tailed tit. I painted this same tit a couple of years ago, but now I got a new idea for it. All brown with some pink cherry blossoms. Also this one I have started on canvas already, and the background is almost done. Will show you progress photo when I have drawn in the bird on it.

This one is an experiment that I am liking so far. Canvas is 30x20cm. So far only collage and acrylics. I think I will paint a small trio of tree sparrows on it and call it the tree musketeers… We'll se.

This canvas (30x20cm) has gone through some changes, and I'm not sure were it is headed. But thats what fun with experimenting: sometimes you just end up with something that isn't really working, and sometimes you hit the jackpot. But you won't know if you don't try… I was planning a blue tit on this one with silhouettes of flying birds against the 'forest'.

This will become another Long-tailed tit with spring blossoms. 25x25cm. Not sure about the eggs in this one, but lets see how it looks once the bird is there.

Now it's movie time with my hubby, see you next time!


Comments

Popular Posts