Watercolour challenge continues.

I have a lot of pictures to share with you today, as I totally forgot to write last Friday. I blame my guest for that! 😊 I had my bestie here for almost a week, and we have been busy. You know, all the important stuff that you need to do when you don't meet too often. Stuff like foot massage, eat our favourite Asian food, playing rummikub, go to the fake market, talk...

The watercolour challenge #30x30directwatercolor2018 continues. If you haven't heard about it, it means that I paint one watercolour painting every day in direct watercolour for the month of June and share it online with the hashtag #30x30directwatercolor2018. (Direct watercolour means no pre drawing, just straight in with watercolour and brush on the paper.)

Today I have painting day 9-21 to share with you.

Day 9. I call this one Blue lake. Watercolour on cold pressed cotton paper. I love how the water turned out, and I will probably explore this kind of painting more.

Day 10. Seascape. The only thing I am not happy with with this painting is that the silhouette of the land bled too much into the sky.Watercolour on cold pressed cotton paper.

Day 11. Seascape. I tried to paint the previous seascape again but with less bleed. This became maybe a little too tight? But practising this way and painting the same subject again and again is the only way to learn.Watercolour on cold pressed cotton paper.

Day 12 I thought I would challenge myself and try and paint a bird without doing any drawing at first. I am pleasantly surprised with this one! I can definitely see this as a bigger painting. Watercolour in my small art journal.

Day 13. Robin. Same idea as day 12. Not as happy with this one though. I think I should have made the background mirror image of what it is now, then it would have been more pleasing. Maybe. It was very fun to paint though! Watercolour in my small art journal.

Day 14. Swan family. Watercolour in my big art journal.

Day 15. Magnolia. I do not care for the dark outline I did on the petals, but otherwise this will definitely become a painting! Watercolour in my big art journal.

Day 16. Lupines. Imaginary red Lupines, to be precise. Watercolour in my big art journal.

Day 17. Lupines. Watercolour on hot pressed cotton paper this time. Not impressed at all. It was ok before I added the background, but like this I think it is a mess. Oh well, I just need to find another way of painting them.

Day 18. Back to a forest scape. If you overlook that I overworked the background a little it is not too bad. I do like how the pine tree turned out. Watercolour on cold pressed cotton paper.

Day 19 and 20. Back to my comfort zone. These two were inspired by 2 paintings in progress that I have in my studio. They were meant to be backgrounds for 2 owls, but I started seeing landscapes in them instead. Here I tried out 2 ideas how I could continue with them. Watercolour in my square art journal.

Today's painting, day 21. I had planned to challenge myself and paint a city scape today, but as you can see it didn't turned out into something I would be prepared to share... I know that we are suppose to share both the good and the uggly, but not THAT uggly! I tried 3 times to do a watercolour of a small Chinese village, but without any drawing before painting it just fell apart. It is something I would love to be able to do though, do small fast sketches of places I have visited. I need to start practice so that I will get results that looks charming! Anyway, I am pretty happy with my forest. This is a way of sketching that I will do more of for sure. Watercolour in my square art journal.

9 days left!

Comments

  1. all your work in watercolor has been successful. I think so. Greetings Marijke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a very good practice and challenge! Thank you Marijke!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts