Flowers in acrylic.

The weather has been somewhat changing the last week. One day it is +27 degrees and summer, and the next day it is 10 degrees colder with a chilly wind. I guess it is spring.

It has been a 2 days holiday here in China, yesterday and today. It is the Qingming festival, what we call tomb sweeping day in English. It is the day when you remember your ancestors, clean the graves and burn certain papers so that it can be transferred to the afterlife.

In the studio, I have flowers taking shape. Since I've been out taking photos I have a lot of new reference material to choose from. I decided to start with magnolias.

Trying out my ideas in my art journal. 

4 small canvases. Flowers drawn in with charcoal. 

And here is the first layer of acrylics on the first magnolia. I am very happy with it so far. Let's see if I can keep it that way.

Another painting that I have started, this one will be with cherry blossoms in a vase.

Oystercatchers in my art journal. Just trying out compositions and backgrounds. This one became quite dramatic.

That was it for this week. Happy weekend everybody!

Comments

Popular Posts