Spring in Wuxi

Greetings from Shanghai. I am back in China very convenient for the best time of the year here: Spring! Last weekend we travelled to the nearby city of Wuxi, which is a popular tourist attraction in springtime. Wuxi has several big parks, and the peak time is of course now when all the Sakura and other cherry-like trees start to blossom. I could have titeled this blog post simply 'pink' as well, so get ready for a lot of flower photos!

This is some kind of flower cabbage that the Chinese really like, and I have to admit that the colour of them is beautiful!

Wuxi is near a big lake, so inside the park we took a boat to a small island with several temples. The sea gulls were used to getting fed by the tourists, so they hovered just above us the whole way.

I got some really nice shots, so I got quite a few good reference photos!

Here you can see how close they came to us.


It was crowded. 

The trees had just started to blossom, so we were in fact a few days too early to see all the trees in full bloom. But t was beautiful non the less!

I think these are some kind of prayers. In one of the temple yards.

A huge statue of Lao Tse Tung.

Old fashioned boats. Here you can see how bad the air pollution is...

Did I mention that it was crowded already?!?

To wear the same hat is good so that you immediate see to which group you belong to.

And now we come to the flowers...

This simple 5-leafed cherry blossom is called Sakura.







Soem chinglish for you!


This girl was just so cute in her garden gnome outfit that I had to snap a picture of her.



That was it for today. Now I am inspired to paint some more flowers! =D

Comments

Popular Posts