On my desk today.

The snow has melted so it is grey and dark outside. My worktable is quite colourful in comparison... =D 

I decided for a coal tit on this background.

Detail. It is not often I use the colour pink, but for these cherry blossoms it is a must. Pink and brown go beautifully together I think.

Another detail from the same painting.

I think I forgot to include this magnolia painting in my last post. I am getting close to finish it.

This painting is also almost finished. One more layer of oil should do the trick.

This is a detail of a commission I am working on. Loving the colours!

I found a few old paintings from 2011 here at my parents house, and I thought I would rework them a little and fix the things that has bothered me about them. This kingfisher need a new background, and some adjustments to the shape of the head. Here I have started to paint over the background with white oil colour.

The old background is covered. I am not sure exactly how I will proceed, but I have a few days time to think about it while it is drying.

This is another old painting. The background was dark brown, and even if it was not 'bad', I wanted to give it some new life. I have also broaden the face as the eyes were a little too close together before. I think I need to broaden the beak a little as well, and the leg needs to be a little thicker. Small adjustments that I see now... When I am done with these I will do a 'before' and 'after' post. 



Comments

Popular Posts