Studio update in the rain.

It is a very rainy and grey day today. I have the lamps on a hot cup of tea beside me. It is rather cosy. I also have a really good audiobook playing, so I have something nice to listen to while my hands are busy painting.

There has been some trouble with the VPN the last 2 days, and that threw my online schedule out of the window... Since the days and weeks are flying by so fast I decided to make a schedule for myself regarding all the art platforms I am trying to keep up online. So I decided last week that Tuesday is blogging day, Wednesday is updating my website day, Saturday is uploading video day and everyday is 'one photo to Facebook art-page' day. But I can only keep to this schedule if I can actually access the sites... Oh well, they are more like guidelines anyway to keep me somewhat on time, but also to keep me from spending too many hours behind the computer.

Enough babbling and on to the updates. I have a lot of new things going on in the studio that I am excited to share with you. I have been working on a lot of backgrounds for a long time now, and then when the time comes to start painting the birds a lot happens in a short time. Or so it feels.

Fog and rain outside my window.

Paintings in progress.

Nr. 3 of 6 18x13cm small painting getting ready for a bird.

Nr. 4 of 6.

The blue corner...  The big squares will be Herons, the small square a sea gull of some sort and the two other will be flying swans.

Two male Common Blackbirds in progress. They will get one more layer of acrylic before I finish them in oil. 

The kingfishers has got their first layer of oil, so they should need only one more before I call them done! I am really digging the colours in these two. My first time using black!

This is a background that I have had ready for many months now, but not until yesterday did I finally decide what to paint on it. So this one and it's companion below, became Waxwings!

They are both 20x20cm canvases, and the background is acrylic and collage. The first blocking in of acrylic is done, so now they are waiting for a layer of oil!

And then 2 finished paintings:

Blue tit. Acrylic, oil and collage on a 18x13cm canvas board. Bird reference with kind permission from Russ Bridges. I need to come up with a title for this one. Nr.2 of 6 in this series.

Robin. Acrylic, oil and collage on canvas. 30x20cm. Bird reference with kind permission from Jo Goudy.

And last: If you want to hear me talk about these paintings just watch the video below!



Comments

  1. They are all fabulous, Jenny. But I love the Kingfishers.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like them Debby! I am very excited about the kingfishers, it was an experiment that turned out well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts