Crested Grebe and other things.

Happy May and happy outdoor season! The weather is so pleasant outside now in the mornings, so I eat my breakfast and do my 'internetting' on the balcony.

I thought it was time again for an update from the studio:

I finished the Great crested grebe. I do not have a title for it yet though. The background is acrylic and some collage elements, and the Grebe is painted in oil. I am very happy with how this one turned out. Photo reference with kind permission from Russ Bridges from the group 'Photos for artists' on Facebook. 

This is a background that I have shown earlier, but it has gone through some changes. My original plan was to paint a crow of some sort, but I changed my mind and now I have started to paint a Barn Owl on it. =D 

This small chickadee is waiting for its final layer of oil, and it is also the first in a series of 6 mini paintings. I filmed the process of it this far, so you can watch it below!




I also made a short video of an artjournal page that I do not think that I have shared with you yet:


Now it is back to the studio for me to paint some more!

Comments

Popular Posts