Art journal pages and paintings

Greeting from a sunny and hot Phuket! We came yesterday and will be here the whole week. A short vacation with my whole family. My parents and my two brothers with family are all here for some quality time together. I will take photos, so next week you can expect a post with photos from this sunny part of the world.

Today I wanted to share a studio update with you.

Page from my big art-journal. Eurasian eagle owl. Acrylic and watercolour. 
Photo reference with kind permission from Crystal Stacey. 

Page from my small journal. Collage, acrylic and watercolour.
Photo reference with kind permission from Crystal Stacey. 
I am planning a few small paintings inspired by this page. It will be 4 'headshots' with birds of prey. I have started painting on 4 small 20x20 canvases, and the backgrounds are almost finished.

Wind in the reeds. Collage and acrylic on canvas. This one is finished, next step is to start on a birds.

Detail.

Gold. I do not know if this one is finished yet.

 Detail.

In sunny May. This one is finished, and it is my favorite of the four so far. Now I just have to decide on which bird of pray to paint on it. 

Detail.

The 4th and last. This one still need some work, a little bit of contrast is needed.

 Detail.

Page from my big art journal. Acrylic on paper. Jackdaw from my own photos. This idea I have started on a 40x30cm canvas:

First layer of acrylic is done, many to go.

Page from my big art journal. Rook. Photo with kind permission from Pat Carlton. Collage and acrylic. This one I have also started on canvas:

First layer of collage and acrylic on a 40x30cm canvas.

25x25cm canvas. Collage and acrylic. This one I have no plan for yet, so lets see what it will become.

Have a great week everyone!




Comments

Popular Posts