New painting and exhibition info!


I finally got my first painting finished for this year! I have forgotten how many times I have change the design for this one, and how many layers there are, but at least now it is done. And I'm quite happy with it as well. I like how it looks like you are seeing the bird from inside a tree trunk, and the texture is quite nice in real life as well. I'm sorry for all the self-love here, but I'm just so happy how this turned out and that I finally finished a painting... ;-)

'You are so beautiful to my eyes', 25x17 cm. Underpainting in acrylic on different papers, and then oil. The title is a translation of the swedish song title in the background.


Next background that I have and have not posted before, is the one below. This has also gone through some heavy changes. I first painted a pair of blackbirds on it, but decided that the canvas was too small for the design I wanted. So I erased the birds and gave the background some new layers. I think I will keep the colours quite as they are here, and then add a bright red cardinal or bullfinch to it.


And I have some new news to share about my upcoming exhibition in August. The exhibition will be held between 11.08 - 01.09 2013 at gallery Karaija in Inkoo/Finland. Here is the link to the gallery's website: Karaija I will post updates on the exhibition nearer to August!

Comments

Popular Posts