Fireworks, website and progress.

Our Chinese New Year Party went very well last week. A lot of food and a lot of fireworks! We were busy firing for quite some time, and what noise we made!!! Below a picture of our firework tower:



And then some studio updates. 
I have been working on my website last week. I thought it needed some modifications and I am much happier with it now. After personalize this blog a while ago, I wanted to do the same with my website. This way they have the same look, and it is no more just boring black... If you have the time, please visit my website and have a look and leave a comment on what you think of it! http://www.jennymoedkorpela.com



Before my trip to Bali I told you about how I wasn't at all that pleased with some of my paintings and experiments. Now I have tweaked some of them, and here is the result:

I thought that the background on this robin was WAY too busy, even if I did like the colors. So I took my trusty sandpaper and erased all the elements that were too much. I then added some more colors, and now I think the background is finished. Next painting session will get the bird finished too!


The small gold crest was cute, and would have been nice with the gold leaf I glued in. But I would have needed another pose for the bird, so I erased the gold crest and painted in a Robin instead. This painting has got another layer since this photo, and the background is now finished. A little darker with some accents of blue in it. What I have left is the final details on the bird.


And another change of birds... The long-tailed tit was good colour wise for the background, but it felt off somehow. Then I remembered that I had gotten the permission to paint the small nuthatch you know see. I like the colour combination, and I like how it fits into the background without having to paint any branches or anything else for it to belong. I have started another canvas for the long-tailed tit, so soon he will be back on a more fitting background!!

Comments

Popular Posts