Art journal: swans and landscapes.

November. I do enjoy this time of year. I also prefer to paint with the limited colour palette that the winter season offers. I have a few new pages in my art journals to share with you today.

Swimming whooper swans. I will probably do a few more versions of this to try out different ways of painting the background. Watercolour on gessoed paper. ( All swan paintings today are from beautiful photo references from Pixabay.)

Whooper swans on a field. I know it is autumn know, but for some reason, I am thinking of these pictures as very early spring when the swans return from the south and find that they have come a little too early and the fields are still covered with a little snow. Watercolour on gessoed paper.

Same field, but with the swans flying away. This time acrylic paints. I am trying to decide if I want to paint these with watercolours or with acrylics and oils on canvas. I have started two small canvases just to try the idea out. Next week I should have got those far enough to show you here.

A picture of my desk I really liked, and here you can see the whole art journal spread.

I also decided to move my desk to the window. It is so much better this way, and I have lots of more natural light when I'm working at my desk. I do not know why I have not done it earlier.

Playing around with some landscapes. Acrylic on a gessoed page. I think I would like to paint this big, and just have fun with abstract patterns while still keeping it a visible landscape.

Same idea here. I added a poem from Bo Carpelan about the evening.

This is a lake I used to live close by. Again, just playing around with different approaches to paint a landscape.

Version 2. The first was painted with a brush, this one with a palette knife. Both acrylics on gessoed paper. I think I would like to go even more re abstract though. So I just need to go on playing and experimenting until I am satisfied with how it looks. 

That was me for this week. I hope you all have enjoyed a great Halloween for those of you who celebrated it and have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts