Happy May!

Happy May! Yup, May has arrived!

It's been a good week in the studio. New things are brewing. I have been drawn a lot to landscapes lately. When I looked back at what I have been 'liking', 'pinning' and 'loving' on Pinterest and Instagram these last couple of months, more than half are landscapes. I guess that means something. I used to paint a lot of forest scapes, and now that seems to be the kind of art I am more and more drawn to. So do not be surprised if you start seeing landscapes amongst the flowers and the birds in my art feed. The first landscape in my art journal can be found below, and I am in love with it!

The third Magnolia has developed a little. The background is almost done, so soon time to start painting on those petals with oils.

The orchids have gotten one more layer on the petals, and I have added a few buds as well.

Oystercatchers in watercolours on cotton paper. 

Another oystercatcher in my art journal. Watercolour on a gessoed page.

Landscape. Archipelago. Water and shorelines. I really enjoyed painting this. If you want to see how it was painted I will link to the video I made of it below.

Watercolour and acrylic in my art journal.

And last, the video on my youtube channel:



Comments

Popular Posts