Finland.

I am home and it feels great! One week has flown by so incredible fast, luckily I have many weeks still to go. 
I am a little late with posting here on my blog, but I have been struggling with my computer. I wanted to make the next small movie for my youtube channel, but my iMovie is not working properly anymore. It opens fine, and I downloaded all the material I have taken the first few days home, but then I could not create a new movie or project. I can make a trailer, I can make an 'app preview', but it simply won't open a new movie for me. I even uninstalled the iMovie app/program and reinstalled it. Still it doesn't work. Anyone who recognise this problem and know how to solve it??



I have seen the golden hour and I have seen the blue hour. This is the first time however I have seen the purple hour... =D

We have been the whole week at my husbands parents place, and this is now my outdoor studio! It could be worse...

Painting. I still have a few paintings to finish, and it feels absolutely wonderful to sit and paint like this!!

Next one to get the final layer of oil is this waxwing.

I have my sketching bag with me, and I will try and do at least one painting/drawing a day in my travel art journal. And this time not from any photo reference, but from life. My mother in law's hobby is flowers, so there are plenty of subjects to paint from here!

These flowers are my favourites, the colours are amazing. Depending on the light they turn from blue to purple...

Playing with different techniques, one day I will find my own style when it comes to painting flowers as well.

This was a landscape sketch that I did not like, so I cut it into smaller pieces and made a collage out of it. I rather like it.

Yesterday I finished this female Bearded tit. Oil, acrylic and collage on canvas 20x20cm. Bird reference with kind permission from Paul from the website 'paint my photo'.

Comments

Popular Posts