Gelli plate and birds

A very happy, inspirational and healthy 2016 to all of you!!

So, our guests have flown back to Finland, and the normal everyday life resumes slowly around here. I started with making another short art video and tidying up the studio.

In my last post I showed you that I bought myself a Gelli plate for Christmas, and I have started playing with it a little. It is so much fun, but I still have a lot to learn!! Thankfully there is this wonderful place called youtube where other artists have uploaded videos of how to use the gelli plate, and I have been watching a lot of them to learn. You can get some amazing background patterns with this mono printing technique. Last time I did any printing at all was back in art university with the 'real' heavy old-fashion printers.

2 of my gelli prints with three new birds ready to go into my art journal.


I just took a few pictures with the birds where I'm trying them out on the different prints I made.


I need to buy some good quality paper for printing. Now in the beginning I have just used cheap copy paper, but it is a little too thin. I think I would like to try and paint on top of the print, but then a heavier and better quality paper is needed.

I also need to go out and gather some more leaves. This print is made with leaves I picked and dried last month, and I really like the effect it makes.


The possibilities are endless! I wonder if I could print straight onto a canvas as well with the gelli plate, and then stretch it onto a frame?!? Hmmmm. I need to do some research!


And last the video I mentioned in the beginning of this post:


Comments

  1. det är kiva att följa med processen när du "skapar" fageln pa pappret!
    obs.:
    ellips = äggrund
    eclips = när solen försvinner och världen gar under......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ups, nåja, de engelsk språkiga får någonting att skratta åt… =D Finns det ett annat ord för oval på engelska?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts