Website updated

Helo everyone and Happy Monday!

It is another dark and rainy day here in Shanghai, but it is also nice and warm… Still 20 degrees outside, so I am sitting here with the balcony doors wide open enjoying the few birds who are still singing.

Last week I was working on my website, and I have given it a brand new look (as you can see I also updated the blog a little, a new banner and a new background). I have been thinking for awhile now of changing the colours on my website. It was quite dark, and I have even gotten some feedback that it was hard to 'read' both pictures and text because of that. I am not very computer 'savvy' however, and to change layouts and stuff is a quite a daunting task for me. But I sat down and got it done! *patting myself on my shoulder*  I am even reasonable happy with how it turned out. The feel of the website is now more 'me'.

I would be really happy if you could take a look and tell me what you think!!
www.jennymoedkorpela.com

Today I am busy updating my Society6 shop. I am adding new paintings, and also trying out to put my artwork on mugs. I would also really love to add my art on bags and pillowcases, but my images are too small. Maybe I can fix that by adding a border or something… Oh well, that is what I am now trying to figure out. (Many of the artworks in question are already sold, so getting new pictures of them is not an option at this point. Note to self: need to find a way of getting bigger pictures of my art!)

Something else quite interesting: I have been trying to teach myself how to film and edit a short movie of me making art. I hope it will turn into something that I can share with you all. The only drawback is that I chose the time of starting to make movies quite poorly as they have started renovating 2 apartments above me. The only time that I can actually film without very loud drilling sounds in the background is either between noon and 1pm (lunchtime) or after 5pm in the evening (=already dark outside). Art-making is full of challenges sometimes. I myself really enjoy watching other artist creating art on youtube, and that gave me the idea of giving it a try. *keep your fingers crossed*

Last I have 2 art journal pages to share:

This tern was watching his domains for hours at a rock by our summer cottage in Finland. I happened to have my camera in hand when he was landing one day. 

Juvenile Chaffinch. I have posted the original photo of this one before, and now he is turning into a painting. I have already started to experiment with the background on a small canvas.

Thanks for stopping by, and see you soon again!

Comments

Popular Posts