Pictures from the exhibition

Here are the pictures from my ongoing exhibition that I promised! I'm very slow in posting as I have spent almost all of my time out in the archipelago on our summer cottage, and electricity, internet and computers do not belong here… =D

My exhibition is on the second floor (in GB that would be first floor, maybe in the US as well? One up from ground floor that is...) of the Ekenäs Nature Centre, and I have to say that my birds feels right at home in a nature centre! The flying Barn owl is the first painting you see on the wall of the stairs going up to the exhibition space.

The lighting is not the best for taking pictures, but is very pleasant for viewing the paintings!


The exhibition will run at least to the end of September, so plenty of time to see it yet!!


And below is a picture of one of the things I have been doing out here at our summer cottage: Chopping wood! My husband took down several trees, and together with my family we have been carrying all the wood to the firewood-shed and there we have been chopping it into firewood! Since this picture was taken a week ago I have added 2 more 'cages' and filled one and a half of them with my father. It's very sweaty work, but also very rewarding. Now we have firewood for many saunas, and heating for the cottages next summer! (we have no electricity on the island)


It's been absolutely lovely being out here in the nature, and I have missed it a lot during the last year. Now I have charged my batteries for another year in China… I would love to just stay here for the rest of my stay in Finland, but I do have other things to do and people to meet, so tomorrow I will return to civilization… =D

Comments

Popular Posts