Eventful week behind me.

It has been an eventful week. We had some dear friends visiting us from Shanghai, me and my husband celebrate our 5th anniversary as a married couple, I designed and ordered new business cards and postcards, and we started sorting and packing up all our stuff. The time has finally come to move away from Rizhao. Our next destination will be to live in Shanghai for a few months. But first I have some paintings to finish for my upcoming exhibition this month in Gallery Karaija in Inkoo, Finland (opening  night will be on the 30th of August. More info coming in the end of this week!)  I am so looking forward to spend some time at home in Finland before continuing on the next chapter of our expat life abroad.

Here are the paintings I need to finish this week:
Luckily it is only the final layer missing, so I should do fine!

Then I have two new pages from my art journal that I haven't shared with you yet: the gull that inspired the painting above, painted from a photograph taken by my beautiful cousin Linda Hagewick. And a Treecreeper that I was lucky enough to spot when I was in Spain in the spring. After we have moved to Shanghai I think that the treecreeper will be one of my first pairings to start there!



In my last post I told you the happy news that my painting 'Evening lookout' had got a special merit award in the competition Animals 2014 from Light Space & Time online gallery, and now they have made the catalogue available for viewing online with all the winning artist. There are some really beautiful animal art there, and I am so honored to be a art of that catalogue! Here is the link to the catalogue at ISSUU: http://issuu.com/johnrmath/docs/animals_2014_art_exhibition



Next monday I will take part of a 'bloghop', where I will be answering 4 questions about my art and inspiration, and then link to 3 other bloggers. If you would be interested to take part in it  and be one of the bloggers that I link to, please send me note through the e-mail contact form in the sidebar on this blog!




Comments

Popular Posts