Raw sienna hour and art journal.

I guess this is what they call 'the golden hour', though I would sooner call it the 'raw sienna hour'! Looking outside now looks like looking at one of those old sepia/brown photographs but yellower… I tried to take a photo of it, but somehow the camera turns it to normal colors… oh well, I will share the picture I took yesterday instead. At 16-ish it became very dark, and I looked outside to see this dark sky approaching with lightnings on the horizon, and a few minutes later the thunder started to roll and the rain started to pour down. I finally got my windows rinsed, at least on the north side of the apartment. =D



In the studio the last few days I have been painting mainly on some backgrounds and in my art journal. Now I have to figure out what birds to paint on my new backgrounds, and I hope playing around in my journal will help with the decision making!

A Chaffinch done two ways. I prefer this first version.

Second Chaffinch. 

Pencil drawing and watercolor of a Common Serin and a Common Blackbird.

All colored in to be cut out and glued into my journal.

I had several readymade backgrounds in my journal, and I thought this one was very suitable for the blackbird.  I like the result with few colours. 

I turned around this page for the Serin which made the korean text read sideways, but hey, it's only a journal!

This is a Naumann's Thrush (with some interbreeding with Dusky thrush, I got informed by some birding friends). I rather like the color combination here. Usually I am not a fan of gold, but here as a autumn inspired piece it all came together nicely.


And finally I have at last a new painting to share with you. 'Where's the journeys end?' Eurasian tree sparrow, oil, acrylic and different papers on canvas, 20x20cm.

Comments

Popular Posts