Art journal

It has been a while since I last posted anything from my art journal. Now I have some good news to share. I participated in a competition for a new book by North Light Books about art journals, and when I was in Seoul I got the good news that 4 of my entries were chosen to be included in the book. The competition was Art Journal Kickstarter, and the book with all the winning entries will be published around christmas time. I am so happy, and so excited!


Here are the 4 pages from my art journal that will be included in the book:

Barn owl. Book pages, acrylic, watercolour and gouache.

Eurasian Tree sparrow. Acrylic, watercolour and gouache.

Eurasian Tree sparrow. Different papers and watercolour.

Light-vented Bulbul. Different paper, marker and watercolour.


Then on to some other pages from my art journal that I haven't shared here yet. This square journal is 19x19cm with quite heavy paper, and it is very nice to work in. It is an old journal with material I can't use anymore, so I am reusing it now for planning paintings!

A little funny Long-tailed tit. Watercolour.

Chickadee. Here I did not cut out the bird more precise than this, I thought it could be nice for a change to glue it straight on with the white background paper showing. Watercolour.

Chaffinch and Eurasian Tree sparrow. Watercolour and acrylic on different papers.

European Serin. The serin sounded very funny and loud when I saw it, but was almost impossible to find because they blended in so well with the green in the trees.

Common Chiffchaff. Watercolour.

Little Grebe in it's winter coat. Watercolour and acrylic. 

Some of these will become paintings one day. 
Now I am off to Beijing for a few days to attend to a wedding, so see you when I come back!


Comments

Popular Posts