Greetings from Spain.

Greetings from south of Spain! I spend a few weeks in Nerja (near Malaga) to enjoy my cousins wedding. The weather was perfect, a little cloudy and not too hot most of the days. I was able to hike for a few days up in the mountain area with my camera before a nasty flue put a stop to it. Below are some shots from the local birds that were sitting still long enough for me to locate them and get a photo.

Before going out hiking to find whatever birds there was to find, I had much fun watching the birds in the garden. They had found that the watering hose (or whatever it's name) was leaking, and they used it as a drinking post on sunny days. Here are 3 juvenile Common Crossbills

A pair of Goldfinches.

Male Chaffinch.

Male Common Blackbird.

Red-legged partridge.

Common Serin.

House sparrow.

Goldfinch.

Continental Long-tailed tit. I was so happy to see this small bird. I saw them several times, but they were so fast and mobile so I did not get many good shots of them. I did not really mind though, it was a joy just to be able to watch them!

'Find the bird'… A common treecreeper. 

My photos may not be of the best quality, but I did get a lot of shots that I can use as reference material for my painting! That was my goal, and I am so happy with all the new material that is all my own!!

Comments

  1. Using one´s own original stuff is so much more rewarding :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, not to mention the fun while trying to gather it… =D

      Delete
  2. Great photos Jenny!!! So great you can get your own now... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! Yes, it feels really good to be able to use my own material, good by to all copyright concerns!! =D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts