New year, New possibilities!

Happy New Horse Year everybody!

It feels like it has been a whole month of celebrating, first our 'normal' new year and last week the Chinese new year. We have had many parties with a LOT of fireworks! Living in China sometimes has big advantages…

The last weeks I been busy playing and getting to know my new tool, a canon EF 100-400 lens. I thought it was about time that I would be able to take my own reference material for painting.  And it is a huge difference being out with a lens like this, I am able to come so much closer to my subject of the moment, birds.


I have already been able to get a few nice shots, and they will soon find their way onto my canvases!



I am also very happy to show you a page from March issue of the UK art magazine The Artist. They have chosen one of my art journal pages as their editor's choice of the month! How great is that?



Next is a picture from the book 'Incite - dreams realized', with the spread open on my page. I got the book from Finland with one of my husbands colleagues, and I was so excited to finally be able to read it! Here I can also at the same time announce that I participated in the competition for the next book, 'Incite-color passions', and I was one of the winning entries. So, I will be published in the next book as well!


I have a lot of new paintings in progress to show, but that will have to wait until the next post! See ya!

Comments

Popular Posts