Rain!


It must have been on a day like this when they came up with the saying "it's raining cats and dogs"! Although what the cats and the dogs has to do with I don't know, the swedish version gives an more apt description: "regnet står som spik i backen" (the rain stand as nails in the ground)... It has been going on now for 12 hours, and still going strong... It has been dark as evening the whole day, and the wind has really been making some whining noises through and around our building. The wind and rain is coming in from the sea, and the water has been coming in through the closed window in my bathroom that is facing seawards. A very cosy spring storm in other words!

This has been all that I can see during the whole day.

I'm all huddled up in a comfortable chair with a hot cup of tea and some good reading. Enjoying being warm and dry while the storm is raging outside!!

I got two new paintings finished, and I am starting too feel more confident in having a nice choice of paintings finished in time for my travel home to Finland and my exhibition in August.

'Mot drömmars möte' / 'Meeting my dreams' Oil and different paper on canvas, 25x17cm. European Robin.

'Smedens visa'/ 'Song of the smith' Oil and paper on canvas, 25x17cm. Nuthatch. This was a commissioned piece, and the buyer chose both the bird and the song in the background. He bought my first nuthatch painting, and wanted a pair to it. Below you can see them both together!



These are the 4 panels that are left if my 20x20cm series, hopefully I will get them all finished this up coming week.

And here are two other new backgrounds. I'm planning a red-crested cardinal for the green canvas, and a barn owl for the other. I love doing these backgrounds, it's almost like meditation. Just splashing colors and creating texture and beautiful layers of colors. Sometimes the result is great, and sometimes I sandpaper it down, paint over and start again... The best results often comes from happy mistakes!

Comments

Popular Posts