Art journal


I am  going to participate in an exhibition next August back home in Finland in the beautiful gallery Karaija in Ingå (Inkoo). I have started to work towards that exhibition, as I will need a lot more work than I currently have. There are many nice white walls to fill.... and as I paint quite small for the moment, I need many of them to do the place justice!

Today I share with you my latest art journal pages, where I am playing around with compositions and ideas for new paintings.

Mixed media, A4. I think it is a Gyrfalcon (jaktfalk), but I am not sure. I got some very nice photos of this falcon and some other predator birds at a falconry at Cardiff Castle while in UK. 
I feel a little like a hypocrite with this: I really, REALLY do not like the idea of having birds in cages or  in captivity (or any wild animal), but I can not deny that it was wonderful to be able to stand so close to these beautiful birds and watch them! 


Mixed media, A4. Another composition with the same bird. I like this version better than the previous.


Mixed media, A4. Blue-tits. I like the upper bird and the colors, but I don't think that the branches came out so well. I will have to change that if this will result in a finished painting.


Mixed media, A5. Another blue-tit. This one I am actually very satisfied with, and I will try and paint this just like it is on canvas.

Back to painting and planning!!

Comments

Popular Posts