Golf and Azure-winged Magpie


Golf.

I held a golf club in my hand for the first time in my life on friday. Now two days afterward my hand/arm still hurst a little from TRYING to hit those balls... One ground hit, a few 'air' hits, many 'leisury rolls along the grass' hits and only a very few good hits. Not beyond the 100 meter sign though...

Sam however succeeded with some very nice hits that went even beyond the field!

The golf club is down at the beach, and it was nice and quiet. You pay by how many balls you want to hit, and a basket of 30 balls costs 30 yuan (= about 3,50 euro). That includes the hiring of the clubs and lane. I thought golf was suppose to be expensive ;-)


Here we are concentrating very hard on getting it right! Inga, Tarvi and Sam.

How far did it go?


Studio update:

I finished a painting yesterday! This is an Azure-winged magpie in oil on a collage background. I see these birds often in the park next to our house here in Rizhao. They are really shy birds, and usually come together in huge crowds. They have beautiful blue wings and tails, just as the name suggest! 

An image put together of the progress photos. 

Finished result! "Bortom dunkel furuskog" ( "Beyond the dark forest")
Mixed media on canvas, 40x30cm.


And I leave you today with one more photo from our sailing trip last week:  Inga send me this photo of us approaching shore. She was not able to join us due to work, but she was in the harbor waiting for us when we came back. The essence of summer, just wanted to share it!


Comments

Popular Posts