Studio update...

So, after posting my traveling pictures I thought it would be time to 'get down to business' and give you all an update on my studio progress. You might have seen these paintings on Facebook already, and if not: enjoy!

I'll start with the last painting I did before christmas in 2011. This is a small European Robin painted in oils on a 20x20cm canvas covered with chinese book pages. Title "Shy". Depending a little on the size of your screen, the image here is about the real size of the painting!



 The next one is "Sing for me" 20x20cm, a small Long-tailed tit. Oil and acrylic on canvas. The canvas has been covered with book pages and song sheets. The first painting to be finished in 2012.



The third one is again a small Robin. Oil, acrylic and book pages on canvas, 20x20cm. Titled "Yes?"


From these three it is the two Robins I am most pleased with. The long-tailed tit is really cute as is, but I am not very satisfied with the background. I think that I will use the same bird on another background and see if I can experiment forth something that suits it much better.
I am doing a whole series of these small 20x20cm paintings, the 3 in this post and 3 more on the easel. I am hoping to get at least on of them finished this week. So I am off painting now, more updates coming soon!

Comments

Popular Posts