New apartment and more watercolours.

I have found an apartment, so we are moving!! It is a newly renovated apartment that is much lighter than this one. There is even a window in the kitchen, yay! I'm so excited. We will move the 21 of December if everything goes as planned. Just in time for Christmas!

The whole last week I have continued to work with watercolours. It really is a tricky medium, but it is usually the unexpected effects and makes it so beautiful. I have always admired the artist who gets the brushstrokes down with one fluid motion. Because in watercolour what you put down on paper is what you get. You can not paint and rework your brush strokes until they are what you want... It is a totally different way of working from what I am used to. And it has already proven beneficial. I have always had the tendencies of overworking my paintings. Now I am learning to paint what I want in as few layers as possible. Next step is to apply the same way of thinking into my acrylic and oil paintings.


Female Peacock. Or Peahen as I think they are called... Reference with kind permission from Edgefeathers. The background was made by sprinkling salt into the wet paint.

White Peony.

Lily. Decaying beauty. This lily was a bright pink when it was fresh. Then it turned to this old really beautiful 'shabby' purple just before it withered. I thought that is was more beautiful like this.

I have started to paint Christmas cards for my next videos on my YouTube channel. So over the next couple of weeks, there will be lots of small winter paintings here. 

Comments

Popular Posts