Watercolours


I don't know what you think, but I myself am really liking the new look on my blog. There were a few new templates to choose from, and with the possibility to customize them a little I was able to create a design I liked. 

The autumn has arrived. The evenings are getting chilly and the leaves have finally decided to start falling. Still quite warm during the day though.

I have not got as much painting done as I would have wished this past week. Although I have a good reason for it, as I have been running around Shanghai looking at new apartments. I would like to move to a brighter apartment. Our current apartment is very good, but also quite dark. We only have windows on one side of the apartment, and as I am working from home it would be nice with a lighter apartment that doesn't turn totally dark as soon as the rain clouds roll in... Anyway, I will keep you posted if and when we move!

Watercolours. I have been playing around with watercolours this week. Mostly wet in wet techniques. I feel that this technique closest represent the look that I am after with my backgrounds. And I am learning to let go of trying to control the paint and the colour. I still need some more practice, but so far I am liking the results.

Great Crested Grebe in their winter coats. I filmed this process so I will link the video last in this post.

A bird's nest. Looking at it now I think I would like to add some coloured specks to the eggs.

Swan. Very few colours in this one. I learned something funny about Payne's grey when painting this. When you use a lot of water with Payne's grey the colour actually divides up into the two pigments that the colour is made from. Blue and brown... It's beautiful!

And this week’s video on my YouTube channel:



Comments

Popular Posts