New look and new art.

I have my computer back. It had to go to the apple doctor due to some weird lines appearing on the screen, but is now back in order. They were first talking about changing something in the computer itself, in the 'machinery' to use a very technical term... But it appears they changed the screen instead.

 It is quite frightening how handicapped I felt without my computer. All my reference material, all my pictures of my art, and so on and so on. I really need to start saving the material I need and often use for my art on an external drive. That way, if I ever find myself without my own computer again, I still have access to all my files. I do have my backup disk of course, but I think I need to organize an external disk that I keep updated with the essentials that can be used on any computer.

Anyway.

I am going to change the way my blog looks. And my website. I am actually looking into changing the host of my website. For the moment I have my website with Artspan.com. It is very easy to use, but I would like another look. I have to look into if I can customize my site more into what I would want now.

And talking about changes: have you ever looked back at your art (if you are an artist) and seeing it with new eyes and actually not liking what you see? I think that because I have had such a long hiatus from my studio this time, all the changes that you go through and that usually appears gradually now seems to have sprung on me all at once. I have had a problem with continuing on half-done paintings with a wish of starting them all over. I looked through my Instagram account the other day, and all I could think of was that if I would have found this art on another artist account, it wouldn't 'wow' me enough to subscribe. It is quite sad. There are still a few paintings that I am really proud of, but the rest I would like to paint again. I have a lot of new ideas, and of course, I would like to be able to put them all down at once. I have already started with painting over previous paintings, and I hope I will be able to get the new look I am aiming for. The changes are not so much in the subject itself, as it is in the way they are painted. Mainly my backgrounds. I will make a post with 'before' and 'after' pictures when I have gotten so far. I am very excited!

But enough talk for now, and a few pictures. Not too many, as I have mainly been painting over my canvases to start fresh. And posting pictures of a lot of white canvases is, well, boring...

Playing in my small square art journal. A birds nest. I'm thinking of how I could paint this on canvas with acrylic or oils. Here I got the effect with masking fluid and acrylic inks. Well, I just have to try and find out. 


More playing in my big art journal. This time orchids. I am starting to think that the effect that I am looking for to get maybe is only achievable with watercolours. Although this is painted with acrylic inks and acrylics. I just have to experiment until I get it right.

Version 1of 2. I am planning an orchid painting, and I did not know if I wanted portrait or landscape format, or what colours to use. Now after this experiment, I am thinking portrait format, but the colours from version 2 below.

Version 2. I really like the colour combination here!

Now I am of to see how I can redesign this blog and my website!




Comments

Popular Posts