Birds and flowers.

Every Friday I am amazed at how fast the week has gone by. It feels like it was yesterday that it was Monday.

Today felt like the first real day of spring. I'm waiting for the magnolias and cherry blossoms to start to bloom. That is always one of the highlights of the year here in Shanghai.

Onto what I have been up to in the studio this week:

'Morning Light'. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 40x30 cm. I got the last details done on this avocet painting today. It turned out rather well I think, and I had a lot of fun painting it!

I played around in my art journal a little with compositions. I like the more abstract background on the right page.

A new orchid painting in the making. This is the first blocking in of oil colours for the flower. I do like the colours in this one!

And last I have this commissioned Peony painting that I finally was able to finish. Oil on canvas, 50x50 cm.

Comments

Popular Posts