Avocets in watercolours.

It has been a good week. I have got quite a bit of work done and also got quite a bit prepared for next week. I have painted with watercolours and even got back into the habit of going to the gym. 

One of the things I have started on is a new series of videos on my Youtube channel. I call it Exploring watercolours, and with it, I hope to teach myself to become a better watercolourist. My hope is that it could be a fun journey for others to follow along with. Because I want the series to be for everyone, I am aiming the first few videos to beginners. The first video is up, and the next video will be posted on Monday.

I wanted to paint a couple of Avocets (Pied Avocet). I have started an oil painting with these two birds, and I want to see if I can get a clearer image of how I want to proceed with them. I like the composition, I like the colours, but it is a little too 'boring' in my taste. I am seeing something more dynamic in my head.

To try and see if I could change it I added some darker washes and also some brown colours. It is better, but still not what I want.

I decided to start again. This time I painted a background in my art journal and then I cut out the birds from the watercolour painting above and glued them in. This is much closer to the vision in my head. Now I only have to paint them again.

Another angle. I do like how this page turned out!

This was another attempt. On a whole, I like it, except the water ripples. Maybe I will get it right in the next one. I will just keep painting and experimenting until I reach what I want. It's a fun journey to be on for sure!

I wish you all a great weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts