We're moving!

Yup, I have been house hunting for 2 weeks now, and I found a new apartment for us. We will be moving next sunday. Luckily it is not far, just a little bit further up the road. That means that we will only get a 5 min longer walk to our favorite small restaurant street and our gym. The new apartment is a little bit darker, but it is of much better quality. With better quality I mean no mould or moist problems. First I was really sad to have to move as I have really enjoyed this apartment, but now I no longer have to turn a blind eye to the mould problem here. I do not know for sure why they did not want to renew our lease contract, but I think they will be selling the apartment. 
I will do a house tour once we are settled in!

Then on to some artsy stuff:

Spread in my new big art journal. The pages are a little bit bigger than an A4 in size. The collage papers are gelli prints, the bird is painted with watercolor on watercolour paper, and the tree is painted with oil crayons.

I've made the art journal page with the bird I painted in my latest video, and I recorded this process as well. Link to the video below! Light-vented bulbul in my small square journal.

I also tried to make my own stencils. The swirly stencil is made with a heat glue gun, and the feather I cut out from a plastic sheet with a crafting knife. I would really want to find a stencil cutter (a small heat gun-knife or what to call it.)

More stencils, a brick wall and a stone wall. I can really see myself using these in my journals as a base for birds t sit on… =D 

This weeks video:


As I am new to YouTube and have only had my channel for 2 months, it is difficult in the beginning to get exposure. That is why I am so grateful to Catherine aka CeeCee on creationsceecee ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOUu3Ln69l-0SJ_MdRGf9QA ) who did a shout out to a few new you tubers on her channel, and I was one of them. She is so kind and awesome! I have become a little addictive to watching art videos on YouTube lately...

Comments

  1. Moving is never fun, but sounds like you made the right choice.Your journal pages are great! I like your use of mixed media, while still keeping an organic feel to the pieces. The handmade stencils are a great idea, and I'm going to try making some. Thanks for the inspiration. I wish you the best in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mattie! The new apartment is growing on me, and I must say it feels good to be in a 'clean' and 'healthy' home even if it isn't as cosy as the previous. Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts