Flying swans - art journal page.

My latest page in my big art journal: Flying swans! I got a few really nice photos of swans this last summer when I was home to Finland, and now I thought it is time to start making them into paintings. I had a few ideas on how I wanted to paint them, but it is not always that my ideas looks as good on canvas/paper as they do in my head, so I decided to try out a few compositions in my art journal. I have 2 so far:

This a swan painted with watercolour on watercolour paper, cut out and glued into my journal onto a gelli print.

Here the swans are made in the same way, but glued onto a background I painted with acrylic colous. I recorded the process of this so you can see it on YouTube:



Today is my last whole day in our 'old' apartment. I won't be painting much as I just got a whole bunch of moving boxes and will start packing! Tomorrow we are flying to Rizhao (where I lived before) to attend the new years party they are organizing with my husbands colleagues there. We'll be back on Saturday evening, and on Sunday at 09:30 the moving company will come and help us move! So, busy busy… =D 

Comments

Popular Posts