Acrylic, oil and watercolour. December!

It has been a productive week and I got loads done, which feels very nice. Early morning on Sunday I fly home to Finland. We decided that we wanted to go home for Christmas and New Year this time. I am hoping for cold weather and lots of snow. 

But before I leave, here are some of my efforts from this week in the studio:


Pied Avocets in my art journal. Acrylic on a gessoed page. I wanted to try this composition out, and I thought it worked well enough to also try it out on canvas.

The first blocking in of oil colours. This is quite new for me, to start painting straight with oils. Usually, I start with an acrylic underpainting. I do like how it looks though. The only drawback is that oil dries so slow. I will have to continue on this after the New Year when I am back in the studio. I covered the canvas first with a pale ochre colour, and I think it is quite nice how it shines through and give the painting warmth. I do not have to cover the whole surface when I continue painting because of it. No wonder why it is recommended to do an underpainting...

Thumbnail sketches for winter scenes. I decided that I needed a few Christmas cards, so I sketched a few ideas. I went to Pixabay and searched for 'winter landscape', and then I sketched my favourites. 

This one is quite interesting and will be challenging to paint.

And three more. I think they would all work well for Christmas cards.

The first design realized. I made two versions of it because I was not happy with the green colour in the clouds on the first one. Next week I will share the rest with you.

I wish you a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts