Computer troubles.

Sometimes I wish that I had an additional degree in how to fix computers. I am totally inept when it comes to solving any problems that may occur on my computer. This morning I woke up to find that my computer for some reason had decided to upgrade itself during the night (I must have pushed the button 'later tonight' instead of 'remind me tomorrow') and got stuck in the process. The 'command-option-esc' delivered no help what so ever. I restarted, I googled for other ideas, but I simply could not get away from the failed to install window. So I called our local Apple store for help. I got a great lady on the other end, and she took me through several different steps and ways to go around my frozen window. I have no clue what I actually did, I just followed her instructions. I got into a special startup mode where I tried a couple of different things, and after running the 'first aid' I was able to install the newest software without the computer freezing on me. It took a while to install, but then everything went back to normal and my computer is working again. I have no inkling as to what was wrong with it in the first place. 
I was worried for a while though because I worked late last night on my next youtube video project (The history of watercolours), and I knew that my latest back up was from earlier in the day... But luckily it did not come to that. Computers! 

So instead of working on my video project today, I painted a small robin. 

'Quit the installer' it says, well good luck with that when nothing whatsoever happens. I restarted but came back to this window. I am so happy the issue was resolved thanks to the lovely Grace from the Apple store!

I felt like painting something small and sweet today. I chose a cotton paper postcard, and it became a robin. I will probably go by the Apple store tomorrow and give it to Grace as a thank you for the help. It can not be easy to solve a computer problem over the phone with me on the other end... 😁

Earlier this week I finished this small landscape study in oil. I liked the underpainting better so I will use this as a reference for a bigger painting. And I think I will paint it with acrylic paint. But lest see. I have a few more of these small studies in progress, so I am trying out different ways to paint them.

This painting has got a second layer of oil. Hopefully, a third layer will be enough for the background so that I can start painting the flying swans on it.

Sketchbook. I had some ideas for an Avocet painting. Now I'm thinking that I should do it in the same format and size as the eider so that it would be a series. I need to sketch some more!

Last I have the video I made of painting the robin earlier today.


Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts