Another Magnolia painting.

I am sitting on the balcony again. It has become my favorite place. I eat my breakfast here in the morning, and now when my hubby is away on a business trip I sit here in the evenings as well with the candles lit and a cup of tea. Soon it will be too hot outside to sit here, so I am enjoying it as much as possible while I can!

It has been a slow week in the studio, but I did get the second magnolia painting done. 2 more to get finished in this series. I am very excited about these paintings. It feels a little like I have been working towards this for a long while now, and that everything is finally falling into place. I guess that what I am trying to say is that I am finally able to get down on canvas what I am seeing in my head. I have even started to imagine to paint some other wildlife than birds again... When I first started painting more seriously in my late teens, it was all about the big animals. Mostly inspired by a trip to South Africa where I had the opportunity to see giraffes, zebras, lions, and elephants in the wild. And wolves. I painted a lot of wolves. Unfortunately, none of the wolves paintings have survived, but my parents still have the African safari animals on their walls. I need to remember to take some good pictures of them next time I visit Finland.

Magnolia 2. I think I finally am getting the balance between loose and tight. Or between abstract and realism. Anyway, as I said before, I am very excited about these paintings. They make me happy!

Here the two magnolias are placed next to each other. Both are 30x24cm. Acrylic background and the flowers painted with oil colours.

Over on my youtube channel, I uploaded a video where I am making cards for mother's day. I had a lot of fun making them, so I think I need to continue making small artworks like that just to experiment.


Comments

Popular Posts