Publications and stuff.

A month has flown by so fast I feel like I barely have had time to blink. The day after tomorrow I will be flying back home to Shanghai. The funeral of my father in law was held last Saturday, and we have spend almost all of our time together with the nearest family.

The last few days I have painted a little, so I have a few new things to show you:

Some kind of cherry blossom are taking form on this blue background. Only acrylic paint so far. As you ca see I have used very little collage material of late in my backgrounds. I have not abandoned all my ideas with collage papers, but for this series of paintings I am experimenting without collage materials. I do miss painting on the really smooth surface that paper gives me, so I think I need to find an alternative surface to paint on than canvas. Wood boards or something like that would probably be perfect, but then I have to think of the weight when transporting the paintings... 

These were suppose to be bluebells, but I decided to make them 'white bells'  instead against the blue background. I will maybe put in some pale purple details, but lets see. The background is painted with high flow acrylics, and the flowers in oil.

This background was made for a blue bird. I did not know it at first, but when I went through my reference library I found this little bird and I though, yup, thats it!

This is the kind of chaos I love.

This is something I have completely forgotten to show you, or even tell you I think... I was contacted a while back by North Light Books about being included in a book they were putting together. Of course I said yes... This is the book!

I am very proud of being included in this beautiful book. There are some really incredible art in it, and one of my favourite is next to my painting...

This is maybe not the painting I would have chosen for this book to represent me, but as they had chosen it I did not object.

Next up is this magazine. I participated in a mixed media competition they held last year, and I was one of the finalists. They even asked me if they could use my painting for the cover. Unfortunately for me they wanted to photograph the painting themselves, and as I had already sold the painting they had to choose another artwork.

The start of the article I am included in.

And the page were my painting is. The three musketeers. Every time I see this painting I want to paint more sparrows. They are such characters.

That was it for this time. My next post will be from Shanghai. I wish you all a beautiful day!

Comments

Popular Posts