3 days until take of!

3 days until take of! Very early Friday morning we will leave for the airport, and then it is bye bye Shanghai for 2 months. It will feel so good to walk on Finnish soil again and breathe fresh air.

I did not get all the paintings done that I wanted, I think I got a little carried away with ideas... I guess that is a little how inspiration works. First I had zero inspiration and few ideas even if I knew I 'had' to paint for the upcoming exhibition in August. Then when a whole years time to prepare turned into 6 months and less, I suddenly got a lot of inspiration while working and more and more ideas. Greedy as I am I started as many of them as possible... So now I have 7 paintings still in progress that I am planning to take home with me, together with the 16 (I think) finished ones. The exhibition will take place in the end of August, so in reality I still have almost 2 months time to finish them.


No title for these flying swans yet. Acrylic and oil on canvas, 30x60cm. They flew past our summer cottage last summer. I find it quite funny that such elegant birds while swimming are so heavy and not so elegant while flying... They look majestic either way though.

'Midsummer calm'. Mixed media on canvas, 20x20cm. Acrylic, collage and oil. Killdeer. Bird reference with kind permission from David Richman from the website 'paint my photo'

Little ringed-plover. Acrylic and oil on canvas board. 28x22cm. Bird reference with kind permission from Aschi from the website 'paint my photo'.

It has been another rainy day. It feels like it has been raining constant for a month now.

Chaos in my studio. It will be much emptier after I have packed all my paintings on Thursday.




The bearded tit is almost finished. The head and the legs still needs a layer of oil.

This is a new one. I have had the background for quite some time already, and I had planned a sparrow for it. I changed my mind though, and now I need to decide if I want to take this one with me and finish it for the exhibition.

Long tailed tit. Almost done, the beak and the eyes left to do. 

Next time I write it will be from Finland. I have packed a sketching kit with me, so there will be small watercolour paintings in my art journal during my stay at home. And of course updates of the last paintings, and then the exhibition... I'm SO EXCITED!!!

And last, this weeks video. It is a studio update for the month of June:




Comments

Popular Posts