I'm on YouTube!

December. I have to check my calendar twice, but both my computer and my telephone says it's December. Wasn't it September yesterday? That is how it feels! I guess time flies when you are having fun and have been busy…

And yes, as my header says: I'm on YouTube! Yay! I'm very excited and a little nervous… (well, a lot actually, but I don't want to admit it…) I have opened my own art channel on YouTube an uploaded my first ever videos. One 'trailer' where I talk about what my channel will be all about, and then my first video of me making an art journal page.

Why did I decide to do this? Well, I really enjoy other artists videos of them documenting their work, both painting and art journaling to talking about their process and so on. It looked fun and a great way to connect to other like-minded people. So I decided to give it a try. I had to do quite some research first into how to make a video. The filming part isn't hard, you know, you press 'rec' and then you start… ;) It was the editing part I was worried about and did not know if I could pull of. So I watched a couple of tutorials on Youtube in how to use iMovie, which is the program that I have on my computer.  I was surprised how it easy it turned out to be. iMovie has all you need, you only need to choose your footage, add some transitions between the shots if you want and then you can press play! Adding text and music that I thought would be difficult was just two 'clicks' away… Well, it is easy when you know how, isn't it… For once my computer and me communicated well together. I still have a lot to learn to make it even better, but this is a start!
I hope you enjoy it:


The link to my channel on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC45cD8E4ANezT2gApa7D0Ng

Please give it a thumbs up if you like it, and if you don't want to miss the next one, hit the 'subscribe' button…

In other news… I updated my Society6 shop and added mugs and travel mugs to my collection! They have worldwide free shipping going on now, so if you need some new ideas for christmas then go and have a look! https://society6.com/jennymoedkorpela

Tomorrow I look forward to some quiet painting.

Comments

Popular Posts